Req #: 20-06612
Title: Data Center Technician
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Direct Hire
An enterprise Data Center client here in CO who support over 15 enterprise Data Centers nationwide is actively seeking a Data Center Technician for a Direct Hire role. The ideal candidate will have a strong layer 1 cabling background, an understanding of networking and prior windows administration experience. We are looking for a candidate with technical aptitude and a desire to learn.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 1st & 2nd level support to assist in the diagnosis and resolution of customer incidents.
- Supporting a Cisco network environment, IOS, TCP/IP v4 & v6, Meraki
- Smart hands support: switch out components within servers, test cabling, escort vendors
- Layer1 fiber and copper cabling implementations in accordance with industry standards and best practices within data center environments.
- Provide end user support on Desktops, Printers, Telephone, Applications to Onsite and Remote users.
- Documents, diagnose, and resolve network problems. Provide on-call support.
- Consults with Colocation customers on a regular basis, gathering project requirements.
- Create Root Cause analysis reports on incidents affecting customer service.
- Support internal corporate user community with desktop/laptops, mobile devices, office applications, voice, LAN technologies.
Education and Experience:
- College educated (4+ years) in computer/network related field.
- Experience in physical cabling infrastructure installation and support (Layer1).
- Fundamental understanding of Network Protocols (Layer2 switching & Layer3 routing protocols)
- Experience in deploying and supporting wireless technologies.
- Experience in the convergent technologies (voice, video)
- Fundamental understanding of Telco transport terminology and concepts required (MPLS, Frame, OC-x, DWDM, SONET, etc.)
- Working knowledge of security products. (firewalls, IPS, Antivirus software)
- Fundamental understanding of data center best practices and adherence to established procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work in a fast paced constantly changing environment.
- The ability to work well in a team environment or independently with minimal supervision.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems Windows & office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint etc.)
- Working Knowledge of PC Hardware, Server, and software technologies.
- Working Knowledge of Apple products - a plus
- Experience with the following software a plus: Milestone, DNAFusion, ProWatch
- CCNA Certification, preferred
- MCSE and/or Office 365 Qualifications preferred
- Hands on experience supporting a Cisco centric network.
- Hands on experience supporting a desktop / office environment.
- Hands on experience making and building structured cabling in a Datacenter environment.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!