These technicians will be learning cabling on a grand scale. They will be supporting a large data center near the airport. They have an exclusive contract to build the cable infrastructure for them throughout the data center. Entry level techs will have the chance to grow and become a 'Tech II'. Their role will be to assist the higher level techs and the team leads in building out the infrastructure to include: pulling cable, pulling fiber, learning color codes, learning how to punch down and terminate fiber, installing cable trays and pathways, and build server racks.
THE CLIENT'S JOB DESCRIPTION:
1. Install a work area outlet for floor (i.e. monument), modular furniture (i.e. surface mount box) and wall (i.e. box eliminator). Drop cable down a wall using fish tape or other method. Route cable through modular furniture. Perform pre-termination procedures: organize, form, dress cables and determine length, slack and label cables. Suspend and support cable correctly: Cable tray, J-hook, D-rings, Bridal rings, Trapeze.
2. Build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required.
3. Perform fire-stopping procedures on fire walls, install sleeves, pull cable through sleeves and core penetration.
4. Terminate low-voltage devices.
5. Follow prints.
6. Fully complete all paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required).
7. Adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations.
8. Other responsibilities as assigned.
1. Ability to learn cabling
2. Labor experience
3. Any telecom experience (Installing cable trays, pulling cable/fiber)
1. 3+ years experience structured cabling (Cat 5/6, fiber)
2. Ability to perform punchdowns and terminations
3. Previous new construction or data center experience
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.