Location: Englewood, CO
4+ Month Contract
- Possesses the ability to operate the various systems within the Data Center with minimal guidance.
- Possesses superior customer services, soft skills, and the ability to assume ownership of the quality customer service experience.
- Successfully interprets instructions provided within a trouble ticketing system.
- Ability to work as a member of a small team taking direction from more senior members as needed.
- Using tools provided, monitors all processing that occurs during the shift.
- Performs restarts of failed jobs using basic skills.
- Ensures that systems are up, running and available.
- Escalates to Lead and or Shift Supervisor any issues that may impact system availability.
- Performs system backups, daily system essential functions on a nightly, weekly, monthly basis as required and or directed.
- Working knowledge of JCL, EJES, CA1 and CA7 commands.
- Understanding of time-sensitive Service Level Agreements.
- Performs system IPL (Initial Program Loads) commands.
- Uses problem determination skills to diagnose potential hardware and software issues and escalate related event to appropriate stakeholders for immediate resolution.
- Works with IBM 4381, 3081 and 3083 mainframe systems that utilized JES2, MVS/XA, ISPF, Client 300 as needed.
- Knowledge of AppWorx job scheduling tool and its associated command line protocols.
- General knowledge of the ServiceNow workflow application and infrastructure monitoring utilities.
- Paid overtime and working over holidays/weekends as scheduled is a requirement as part of the position.
- Rack and stacks equipment which include servers, network, routers and storage gear.
- Swaps out failed hardware as in (power supplies, network cards, memory sticks, disk drives).
- Ability to run fiber and copper network cabling according to industry practices and company standards.
- Responds to customer remote hands requests and automated monitoring alerts.
- Maintains established inventory controls.
- Updates and maintains documentation.
- Able to stand and walk for a full 12-hour shift.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to safely load, transfer, and unload pallets and skids.
- Ability to safely use material handling tools and equipment.
- Physical functions required to perform this job include lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, transporting, sorting, piling, and stacking. Activities are routine and repetitive in nature.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support as required.
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and on-the-job experience.
- Has experience with automated job scheduling products.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Completes work with a limited degree of supervision.
- Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data.
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and spots new, less obvious solutions.
Requires a high school graduate or two-year degree with three to five years of experience.
Two years server/raised floor experience, network, and systems experience.
- Copper/fiber optic terminating experience.
- Ability to work effectively with Excel, Word, Visio, and similar online tools.
- General knowledge of telecommunications technologies, systems, and circuits.
- General knowledge of HVAC & electrical distribution systems, UPS, and generators.
- General knowledge of common network protocols, physical network topologies, the OSI model.
- Network+, A+, or Security+ Cert preferred, ITIL Foundation III
- Skills development
- Performance coaching, Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities