JOB SUMMARY: Incumbent will formulate and define specifications for complex operating software programming applications, to work as part of a team with influence across a larger organization
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research, construct, develop, and test complex computer application software or systems
2. Analyze users' needs and design software as necessary.
3. Maintain complex computer applications software and systems
4. Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance; identify candidate hardware systems and components.
5. Perform Technical Review of requirements, Analyze source data and provide gap analysis.
6. Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results
7. Consult with customers on project status and advise customer about technical issues
8. Provider technical leadership to the team and act as mentor to junior team members.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
The incumbent works with some supervision to construct and develop complex programming systems to support customers' application systems, relying on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work is varied with high complexity, requiring a high level of independent judgment within established guidelines. An incumbent has direct contact with end users and managers. This position mentors less experienced team members.
As a Data Engineer, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Minimum Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field , or HS Diploma and 4 years of related experience
- Informatica certification is a plus.
• Minimun 5 years of development and administration experience with Informatica products including Power Center (version 9.x), Power Exchange, ILM products (Data Archive and persistent and dynamic data masking)
- Experience implementing ETL solutions using Informatica Power Center and ILM products
- Extensive experience with Relational Databases, including writing SQL queries, data mining, physical DBMS design understanding and automation of data masking/ data archiving solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of UNIX and Microsoft operating systems.
- Must be able to think out of the box and drive towards high quality solutions and resolutions.
- Ability to understand data warehousing, business intelligence and information management concepts.
- Knowledge of SAN storage, network and virtual environments.
- Knowledge of Mongo DB / Hadoop is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java is a plus
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies is a plus.
- Communication (written, verbal and listening), planning, coordination, organization, collaboration, project management, interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate in 24X7 on-call rotation in the team
- Ability to work independently and effectively communicate within the team and other teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
As a Data Engineer with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Optional and dependent life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
IT & Technical