Data Engineer (SQL)
Our client is in need of a talented SQL Data Engineer to join their efforts out of their Meridian Headquarters (Lone Tree).
Start Date: ASAP
Day 2 Day Responsibilities:
Work hand-on with the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Operational Data Store (ODS) systems. Collects, evaluates, and prepares data analysis and/or other complex analysis on databases for a specific business unit. Prepares data quality analysis (DQA) artifacts, including recommendations and data profiles used in the analysis and interpretation of data as appropriate, and source to target mappings. Ensures quality control of databases through the development and maintenance of test plans and quality control procedures and may assist in development and implementation of measurement systems. This position will be responsible for Data Analysis activities to support Data Warehouse projects.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- This person will be required to discover, analyze, profile and document findings on source data systems
- Create source to target mappings using business rules to transform data
- Assist development team during the development phase to resolve data issues and understand data constraints
- The candidate will create and maintain data sets for Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Once development activities are completed the candidate will drive the testing of the final data output
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starting individual who is able to dive into details and quickly provide summary level readouts of the source data
- The position requires very strong communication skills as the candidate will be required to interact regularly with all levels within the organization, including developers, architects, business users and management
- Assist with Tableau dashboard development
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Software Engineer will have:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or three to four years related experience within an IT Department, preferably within a Data Warehouse and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in data analysis and creating data sets from multiple source systems
- Exposure to and experience in data warehousing concepts
- Strong SQL skills is a must.
- Experience with Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server, are highly desired
- Experience with AWS and Amazon Redshift
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience working within the Telco/Cable/Satellite/Wireless industry a definite plus
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.