Data Engineer (Senior)
Duration: 6+ Month Contract
Location: Remote, then Cincinnati, OH or Chicago, IL
Pay: Up to $76.00 per hour/ W2 candidates only
All W2 Employees at CRG are offered the following benefits options!
• Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, and Long- & Short-Term Disability insurance is offered after 90 days of employment with CRG!
• We also offer a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) along with a Health Savings Account (HSA) with our medical plan. CRG matches the first $500 of the HSA contributions.
• Our 30K Life Insurance policy is FREE (no cost to the employee), as long as you sign up for it!
• We also have a 401K plan, with open enrollment quarterly (January, April, July, and October) after working at CRG for 90 days.
• CRG matches 25% of the first 6% of employee contributions to the 401K plan!
As a Senior Data Engineer, you are part of the software development team. We develop strategies and solutions to ingest, store, and distribute our big data. Our developers use Big Data technologies including (but not limited to) Hadoop, PySpark, Hive, JSON, and SQL to develop products, tools, and software features.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 2 years of relative experience
- Proven Big Data technology development experience including Hadoop, Spark (PySpark), and Hive
- Understanding of Agile Principles (Scrum)
- Experience developing with Python
- Cloud Development (Azure)”h
- Exposure to VCS (Git, SVN)
POSITION SPECIFIC SKILL PREFERENCES
Experience in the following:
- Experience developing with SQL (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Exposure to NoSQL (Mongo, Cassandra)
- Apache NiFi
- Take ownership of features and drive them to completion through all phases of the entire SDLC; This includes external facing and internal applications as well as process improvement activities such as:
- Participate in design of Big Data platforms and SQL based solutions
- Perform development of Big Data platforms and SQL based solutions
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Partner with senior resources, gaining insights
- Participate in retrospective reviews
- Participate in the estimation process for new work and releases
- Be driven to improve yourself and the way things are done
- Innovate, develop, and drive the development and communication of data strategy and roadmaps across the technology organization to support project portfolio and business strategy
- Drive the development and communication of enterprise standards for data domains and data solutions, focusing on simplified integration and streamlined operational and analytical uses
- Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core data assets, including SQL-based, NoSQL-based, and Cloud-based data platforms
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the budgeting or other capital planning processes Lead the analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Mentor team members in data principles, patterns, processes, and practices
- Promote the reuse of data assets, including the management of the data catalog for reference
- Draft and review architectural diagrams, interface specifications and other design documents
- Proactively and holistically lead activities that create deliverables to guide the direction, development, and delivery of technological responses to targeted business outcomes
- Provide facilitation, analysis, and design tasks required for the development of an enterprise's data and information architecture, focusing on data as an asset for the enterprise
- Develop target-state guidance (i.e., reusable standards, design patterns, guidelines, individual parts, and configurations) to evolve the technical infrastructure related to data and information across the enterprise, including direct collaboration with companies
- Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety
Category Code: JN008, JN055