Data Engineers -- are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees? Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry's most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have almost 1,000,000 healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 68 million consumers accessing our network products, and 40 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year.
We are currently seeking an experienced Data Engineer to work in either our Rockville, MD office or Bedford, MA office. We offer competitive compensation and fantastic benefits, as well as a collegial workplace in a business-casual dress environment. You'll also find plenty of options for professional development and advancement with us. If this sounds like the kind of career move you've been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
As a Data Engineer, you will be accountable for providing and implementing end-to-end solutions for large & complex projects involving data sub-setting, data masking, data archiving and data refresh using Informatica products. Additional responsibility includes Informatica platform administration.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Design, implement and perform administration functions for Informatica products ( Informatica power center, Power exchange, TDM , DVO etc ).
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot PowerCenter domain, nodes, Service Manager, Application Services and licensing.
- Implement and administer the Informatica ILM products (Data Archive, Data Subset, Dynamic/Persistent Data Masking).
- Create data Integration framework on enterprise level
- Work with Business Analysts to convert requirements into technical specifications
- Design SQL Queries and analytic processes
- Participates in design sessions with architects and implements the design.
- Develops disaster recovery and failover strategies for the data integration environment.
- Implement data masking and data subsetting solutions using ILM products
- Manage backup and recovery of the domain metadata and appropriate shared file directories.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As a Data Engineer, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Minimum Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field , or HS Diploma and 4 years of related experience
- Informatica certification is a plus.
- Minimun 5 years of administration experience with Informatica products including Power Center (version 10.x), Power Exchange, ILM products (Data Archive and persistent and dynamic data masking)
- Experience implementing ETL solutions using Informatica power center and ILM products
- Extensive experience with Relational Databases, including writing SQL queries, data mining, physical DBMS design understanding and automation of data masking/ data archiving solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of UNIX and Microsoft operating systems.
- Must be able to think out of the box and drive towards high quality solutions and resolutions.
- Ability to understand data warehousing, business intelligence and information management concepts.
- Knowledge of SAN storage, network and virtual environments.
- Knowledge of Mongo DB / Hadoop is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java is a plus
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies is a plus.
- Communication (written, verbal and listening), planning, coordination, organization, collaboration, project management, interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate in 24X7 on-call rotation in the team
- Ability to work independently and effectively communicate within the team and other teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
As a Data Engineer with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Optional and dependent life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Engineering & Aerospace, IT & Technical