Title : Data Engineer
Duration : 12+ Months contract
Location : Baltimore, MD
Top Skills : Data Engineer, Azure
- Develop, support, and maintain a Client analytics technology platform with an emphasis on data quality, reliability, scale, and availability.
- Assist in the design and management of enterprise grade data stores that will ingest and curate data from multiple source systems.
- Develop advance analytical processes using AI.
- Experience delivering data solutions via Agile methodologies and designing CI/CD workflows.
- The Data Engineer will report to the Sr Manager, IT and will focus on supporting Client's analytics platform. The role will heavily leverage DevOps and Agile development practices, as the position further refines and integrates best practices across the Client analytics platform.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES (means principal, main, major or most important duties/accountabilities that the employee performs):
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture 20$
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements. 20%
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.20%
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Azure, SQL, and Big Data technologies.20%
- Deliver automation & lean processes to ensure high quality throughput & performance of the entire data & analytics platform.10%
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.10%
- Experience in building/operating/maintaining fault tolerant and scalable data processing integrations using Azure
- 2+ years' experience in Python/Scala/T-SQL programming language
- Strong problem-solving skills with emphasis on optimization data pipelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques