Summary of Position:
As a Data Engineer at North American Title, you will take part in a fun and respectful corporate atmosphere. We are looking for someone who loves data and is passionate about building self-service data technologies. You will own our data warehousing, reporting and data integrations projects, and work with the Data Science team to enhance our core technologies.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Work with business leaders and other stake holders to understand their needs.
- Design and develop an enterprise data warehouse that will impact our products and help drive key decisions.
- Work with multiple teams to automate data flow into the warehouse.
- Design and implement self-services reporting platforms to empower our customers.
- Work with the data science team to implement data warehouse elements to enhance data science projects.
- Design automation and monitoring processes to ensure data pipelines remain available and stable.
- Work with the Software Engineering team to ensure we always keep the data “big-picture” in mind.
- 4-8 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to design and implement data marts and warehouses from scratch.
- Ability to extract data from esoteric systems to enhance business processes.
- Ability to create complex ETLs that will run flawlessly without human intervention.
- Ability to re-engineer inefficient ETLs and data pipelines
- Ability to provide management with dashboards and self-service visualizations that provide all the metrics needed to run a successful business.
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL
- Expert in MS-SQL, SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
- Strong working knowledge of C# and / or Python.
- Expert with BI tools (Looker, PowerBi, Tableu)
- Strong working knowledge of Azure or AWS.
- Expertise in research and analysis focused on data quality.
- Data quality.
- Product- and business-minded pragmatism.
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting software systems
- Robust, auditable, and automatically-tested software fit for financial services
- Technical professionalism: maintainable, readable, extensible design and implementation
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Quality, good design and elegant code.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Data Engineer t to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About North American Title
North American Title is among the largest real estate settlement service providers in the United States, offering its customers a unique blend of personal and dependable service. Consisting of both agent and underwriter operations, we assist lenders, real estate agents, builders and commercial investors with every type of real estate transaction through our army of skilled underwriters, seasoned attorneys, and highly-trained closers and escrow providers coast to coast.