Data Integration Engineer
- Enhances data management team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Studies data sources by interviewing users; defining, analyzing, and validating data objects; identifying the relationship among data objects.
- Plans data integration process by developing common definitions of sourced data; designing common keys in physical data structure; establishing data integration specifications; examining data applications; examining data models and data warehouse schema; determining best-fit data interchange methods; assessing middleware tools for data integration, transformation, and routing; developing project scope and specifications; identifying factors that negatively impact integration; forecasting resource requirements; establishing delivery timetables.
- Delivers data solutions by implementing shared databases; integrating data shared across legacy, new development, and purchased package environments; developing system modification specifications; mapping data; establishing interfaces; developing and modifying functions, programs, routines, and stored procedures to export, transform, and load data; meeting performance parameters; resolving and escalating integration issues; coordinating actions among users, operations staff, and outside vendors; recommending adjustments as objectives change; documenting operational procedures and data connections.
- Validates data solutions by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware.
- Improves data integration by designing and evaluating new data interchange formats; improving physical design; rewriting data policy, standards, and procedures;
- Updates job knowledge by tracking ETL/ELT strategies and technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Senior Data Integration Developer Skills and Qualifications:
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing enterprise data solutions.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Experience building operational processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected data sets.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• 3+ years of experience in a data analyst/data integration role
• Experience with relational SQL databases.
• Experience with ETL/ELT tools. (SSIS, Informatica, Pentaho)
• Exposure to AWS/Azure cloud services preferred.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Management Information Systems or another similar field.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.