As an Information Architect, the hired candidate will be responsible to work across Workforce Technology applications and teams and help implement Information Management Best Practices & Firm Wide Data Management Standards. Information Architect will also function as the subject matter expert in the assigned data domain.
The primary responsibilities of the Information Architect role are as follows.
- Interface with the technical and business team to facilitate data model design conversations.
- Capture and represent business data requirements using various data modeling techniques to produce better quality products.
- Provide the capability for better impact management and proven compliance with data regulations by implementing standardized tools and processes to report on data usage, business rules and data lineage.
- Reduce application and data reporting errors by putting proactive controls for data quality validations.
- Be the single point of contact for and conduit to CT and Firmwide Data Management group.
- Act as the 'link' connecting data across different workforce domains as well as other reference data domains.
- Understand the existing data domains and reverse engineer data documentation at various levels.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in information management field, with 3 years of experience directly managing data and information architecture.
- Hands-on data modelling skills utilizing tools such as MagicDraw, Erwin, Power Designer, etc. Knowledge of SPARQL query language is a plus.
- Knowledge of different data modelling methodologies with the ability to read and understand data models presented in a variety of formats.
- Experience in creating and reviewing Architecture and Development artifacts such as Conceptual and Logical Data Models.
- Data driven mindset, experience in data analysis and data mining, including advanced SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of core Information Architecture capabilities, including Master and Reference Data Management, Data Quality (DQ), Metadata Management, Data Taxonomy, Data Integration, Data Migration and Data Modeling.
- Ability to collaborate with business teams in order to understand, translate and capture the requirements into Taxonomies, Conceptual and Logical Data Models, Interface Specifications, etc.
- Develop and manage the data modelling best practices, patterns and standards
- Experience working with HR Domain is a strong plus.
- Experience working with Big Data implementations and understanding of Big Data design patterns is desired.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Information Mgmt or related field of study.
This position requires candidates that are a US Citizen or Green Card Holder. At this time no Corp to Corp relationships will be considered for this opportunity.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer