Job Description: Data Quality/ Business Analyst (Healthcare)
Job Type: Contract position
Our healthcare client is currently launching a data quality program and looking for a Data Quality/Business Analyst to join their team remotely. This person will be the face to the business and will need to have excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a background in data quality but also be able to work closely with the business. You will act as the communication liaison between the Technical Data Quality Analyst and the business. Any healthcare industry experience is also highly desired!
To ensure success as a data quality analyst, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of data analysis techniques and experience in a similar role. A top-notch data quality analyst will be someone whose data analysis expertise results in reliable information for company executives.
The data quality analyst will be responsible for supporting, tracking, and collecting information related to Data & Analytics Governance program. The position reports to Manager, Data Governance.
- Support my client’s new Data & Analytics Governance (D&AG) model by contributing to development and maintenance of our data quality program and other D&AG initiatives.
- Defines and monitors data quality metrics through a data quality scorecard
- Collaborating with database developers to improve data collection and storage processes.
- Reporting data analysis findings to management to inform business decisions and prioritize information system needs.
- Documenting processes and maintaining data records.
- Coordinates with Data Stewards to evangelize the importance of data quality
- Facilitates Data Quality related discussions within Data Working Groups
- Works with Data Governance Lead on data quality strategy
- Facilitates reviews of data quality policies, rules, and standards
- Formulates and drives the implementation plans for data quality across domains
- Provides guidance to the business around data quality metrics
- Adhering to best practices in data analysis and collection.
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in data quality analysis.
- 2-4+ years of experience
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in Data or Healthcare related major
- Experience working in a healthcare environment preferred
- General knowledge of Data Quality framework and business rules
- Basic knowledge of backend database configuration and processes
- Have clear understanding of the relevant functional area(s), the data being managed, and its implications downstream to other systems, processes, and applications
- Knowledge of the business rules for the relevant functional area(s)
- Use data as a key capability in current role
- Proficient in basic data concepts (management, modeling, curation/wrangling)
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and proactive (takes initiative)
- Ability to analyze complex processes into sub-processes
- Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills as well as presentation skills
- Communicate effectively with diverse people at various organization levels with right level of detail and cultural sensitivity
If this is not a fit for you, or you are not interested, Ascent offers an excellent referral bonus. We look forward to hearing from you!
Account Lead/Senior Technical Recruiter
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic consulting and workforce management solutions. We work in the Life Sciences, Technology, and Business Professional talent categories, and meet the needs of mid- market and large Enterprise clients. With nearly 6 million professionals in our network, you will have access to an abundance of opportunities and resources to assist you in career development. Our promise is to listen, connect, and deliver value while building a dynamic and valuable human network. Don’t wait, join our network today!