Data Scientist Sales Engineer
Position can be worked REMOTE, from anywhere on the west coast.
The Data Scientist will work closely with sales team to define and deliver compelling product demonstrations taking advantage of data science capabilities in the Client Platform. Typical use-cases may include predictive maintenance, anomaly detection, and trend-analysis using tools such as Weka, R, and Python and libraries common in machine learning and computational statistics. As a Data Scientist Sales Engineer, you have the opportunity to work on cutting edge use-cases, using the best-in-class technologies for the most forward-thinking customers in a fast-paced environment. Position reports to Sales Engineering Director.
• Perform data analysis using machine learning and other statistical analysis techniques
• Build repeatable demonstrations and train other resources on their use
• Assist in identifying prospective customers who may benefit from data science and provide suggested use-cases
• Interact with the sales team to provide “best-practice” for use of data science
• Present findings to prospective customers in a compelling manner
• Product Expertise: Conduct technical Q&A sessions and demonstrations around Client product features, installation, configuration, and best practices.
• Lead Evaluations: Design and scope focused evaluation plans that uniquely position Client, are tied to prospect requirements, and prove out business value.
• Continual Learning: A passion for learning new technologies as needed.
• Hands-on experience with Python (numpy, pandas, scikit learn, scipy), R, or Weka. Experience with Big Data technologies including Spark MLlib and Structured Query Language (SQL) is a plus. Experience of working with time series data is desired.
• Solid knowledge of machine learning and statistic techniques including regression, clustering, supervised machine learning, group comparison, trend analysis
• Ability to adapt and learn quickly new techniques, algorithms and methods
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, highly collaborative
• Ability to meet deadlines, use pragmatic approach combined with creativity
• MSc or PhD in a STEM field.
Please forward your resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration.