Data Scientist :: Santa Monica
STARZ is looking for a skilled Data Scientist to join their growing team in Santa Monica, CA. This resource will have access to a variety of different data sources available to the Data Products and Engineering team, entailing clickstream, financial, marketing, event, and internal data. This individual will be responsible for exploring data sets as large as and driving business results with their data-based insights using predictive modeling. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and can use models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Other responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) data visualization, data-driven problem solving, having a passion for discovering solutions hidden in data sets and can brainstorm ways to improve business outcomes/determine future project focus. They must also have experience and interest in content analysis.
* 4+ years of experience as a Data Scientist within a large, consumer-facing analytics environment
* Strong Python/R programming experience to extract, clean, analyze, and visualize data
* Exposure to cloud environments (preferably AWS)
* Strong experience utilizing Spark for data processing
* Automation experience using Amazon S3 or other comparable storage service
* Machine Learning experience using Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, or Spark ML
* Experience using Amazon SageMaker for cloud machine learning
* B.S. in Computer Science, EE or Mathematical Science
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.