Data Scientist - Fairfax, VA
Aerotek's client has an immediate opening for a Data Scientist for TCS support. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. This candidate will work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
This candidate will be hired to support the AN/BYG-1 Submarine Combat System delivered to the United States Navy (USN) and Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Submarine fleet.
You'll be working with a team to:
- Develop logging and other software requirements to embed data analytics into the next generation tactical architecture
- Support automated test and user interface usability assessments for development, integration and performance testing
- Use libraries and tools to develop data analytics scripts and analysis routines to mine large data sets, parse data in support of architecture and software development, verification and validation, and performance tests.
- Interact with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments
- Support the integration of data analytics capabilities into Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Prepare data visualization products to summarize and present data analysis results for review.
- Establish, with our team, a data analytics program that covers the system lifecycle and sets the foundation for the implementation of machine learning.
- Shape future products by contributing to the architecture framework used across multiple products or systems
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related technical field is required plus a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or Master's degree in a related technical discipline
- Professional experience with data integration, data visualization, big data and programming skills, possessing a demonstrated understanding of artificial intelligence or machine learning with the ability to apply these skills under real world conditions
- Proficiency in R, Python. Helpful to know C++, Java, HTML5 languages and Github / Gitlab
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with HTML5 web-apps and data analytics
- Academic background in machine learning and artificial intelligence
Experience and Skills that will set you apart:
- Working knowledge of system/software modeling tools
- Experience with Agile development and working on sprint teams
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.