Data Scientist Summary:
Signature Consultants has an opportunity for a Data Scientist. Our client's mission is to deliver innovative solutions for solving real-world problems using the most modern and creative technologies available today. The responsibility of the Data Scientist is to understand complex and critical business problems, formulate an analytical approach to mine data sources, employ statistical methods and machine learning algorithms to discover actionable insights and automate the process for repeated use. Our client is building new, greenfield data infrastructure for managing the complexities of commercial real estate that enable them to take on tough problems using artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing enabled with modern toolsets like Python, Scala, Spark, R, and Big Data in a public cloud environment. The goal is to use presentations, smart visualization tools and contextual story-telling to translate findings back to business decision-makers with a clear, measurable impacts.
- Understanding business objectives and developing analytical solutions that help achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Leveraging machine learning and data mining for building and refining predictive models to drive opportunities for clients and investors
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Performing various exploratory data analysis to uncover trends, insights and develop strategies
- Data mining and modeling using state-of-the-art methods
- Analyzing data and developing predictive models using machine learning and deep learning
- Develop creative and innovative techniques to generate & mine data from building leases, rents, and floor plans along with municipal data, social data, and location-enabled machine data
- Analyzing public and private commercial real estate data on availabilities, lease rates, and market statistics to identify trends and opportunities
- Work closely with Technology team to enrich data assets to enable analytics
- Team player, with very good communication skills
- Strong real-world statistical/mathematics background with a minimum MS in Mathematics is preferred
- 5 years hands-on experience industry experience with programming languages and tools in a data and analytics environment
- A solid understanding of the commercial real-estate business
- Strong in Computer Science fundamentals of algorithms and data structures
- Proficient in SQL, writing queries, and reporting
- Proficiency with Python and common data science toolkits such as Jupyter, Numpy, Pandas, Scikit, MatLib, Seaborn, NLTK, OpenCV, etc
- Expertise in running exploratory data analysis, statistical modeling and data mining
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Excellent understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, K-Means, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Neural Networks, etc.
- Experience developing recommendation engines using different techniques like collaborative filtering, content-based filtering, deep learning based approaches, etc.
- Proficiency with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow or Keras
- Project experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau and PowerBI
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.