LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The Manager, Data Solutions will work within the ITS Data & Analytics Center of Excellence (D&A CoE) team and be responsible for leading and growing a talented multi-disciplinary team of Delivery Managers, Data Engineers, Visualization Engineers and Data Analysts across a global footprint. The team will be responsible for delivering data products and solutions that create value for the organization and customers through the use of cloud based Data Management and Visualization solutions or enable Advanced Analytics solutions from our Digital team.
Roles & Responsibilities
Operational Excellence: Manages, builds, strengthens, and grows the Data Solutions team of 15+. Offers organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals leveraging agile practices and co-sourcing roles with internal and external talent allowing greater speed and flexibility. Works towards mentoring and empowering Product Teams with knowledge and exposure to Data & Analytics practices and principles to ensure long-term readiness to support and enhance delivered solutions within these teams.
Deliver Data & Analytics Solutions: Works with business and IT leaders to identify areas of technical needs for future Data & Analytics capabilities. Identifies and prioritizes business projects and enterprise data initiatives with a value based mindset. Drives the development and deployment of the Data & Analytics solutions with value enablement targets of $50+ millions of incremental value each year.
Cross Organizational Collaboration: Collaborates with Product Teams, Value Chain Managers and Business Stakeholders to allow a proactive approach to improving insights derived from various data sources. Applies expert knowledge of Data & Analytics methods, theories, and standards to recommend and pursue collaboration providing appropriate technical guidance to ensure the success of such interactions on Data & Analytics solutions.
Data & Analytics Ambassador: Serves as a Data & Analytics technical advisor. Represents the D&A CoE team at leadership meetings and planning sessions. Develops and gives presentations on the power and value of data and helps leadership identify ways to leverage its data effectively. Develop rapport and relationship of trust with key personnel ranging from individual contributors to senior leadership.
Identify Opportunities for New Data Products: Be a champion for the Data & Analytics services and related products. Collaborate within Data & Analytics CoE to drive common strategies and frameworks to ensure they become pervasive throughout the organization and help enable new value streams. Look for opportunities with solution delivery to continually expand standardized and automated approaches for efficiencies and reusability.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related discipline
- 10+ years of relevant Information Technology and Data Analytics leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience building cloud-based data solutions, Azure preferred
- Ability to lead a team of business analysts, project managers, delivery managers and developers
- Experience in one or more of these domains: Finance, Supplier Chain Management, Manufacturing, Procurement, Commercial
- Experience using Agile methods and practices through multiple teams (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience working with senior management teams on business and technology solution prioritization and providing program updates
- Proven experience leading, negotiating, problem solving, influencing and communicating to all levels within a project management environment
- Some experience with customer relationships and prior experience in a customer-facing role.
- Proven track record managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, and communication across teams in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, with the ability to convey sophisticated technical ideas to diverse audiences.
- Excel at juggling multiple projects, staying organized and prioritizing deadlines
- Master's in Computer Science or another related field is preferred
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston