LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The Data Visualization Specialist is a core member of the team responsible for establishing and propagating processes for business users to access data using Analytical tools to build and deploy value driven business solutions. The Global Data and Analytics Team is responsible for Enterprise and Self-Service Reporting, Analytics, Planning and Data Management solutions in all business areas and functions.Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and develop dynamic dashboards/reports and interactive visualizations utilizing various reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Prioritizing requests through management of team backlog.
- Work with Business and IT stakeholders to understand requirements, data sets, key success criteria, and issues which can be solved using analytics and/or data science techniques.
- Educate and train business power users to build reports, dashboards and connect to data while also providing visual best practices and design guidance to achieve data-driven decisions.
- Develop rapid prototyping to facilitate requirements and design discussions.
- Manage data source and content publishing, users and user groups. Monitor, maintain and optimize production systems.
- Identify opportunities to automate, optimize performance, consolidate and simplify dashboards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners, engineers, and analysts
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-5 years of hands-on reporting design and development experience using tools such as Tableau and/or Power BI.
- Demonstrated experience with large data sets, analyzing data, extracting relevant information and producing strategic conclusions into user-friendly reports for a diverse set of users
- Strong skills to design, develop attractive and engaging data visualizations and user experience using Power BI and/or Tableau.
- Experience in creating complex formulas and calculations within tools to meet the needs of complex business logic
- Know how to performance tune dashboards/ report and apply security roles.
- Experience in design thinking, prototyping, wire-framing, and a willingness to learn design tools
- Understanding of statistics and mathematical techniques to solve real business problems using tools such as R and Python.
- Experience with SQL and a solid understanding of databases
- Experience with SAP BW, HANA, Azure environments is a plus
- Project Management skills to develop plan, assign tasks, estimate effort, and follow up and report on progress.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston