The data warehouse (DW) team is looking for a skilled mid-level Business Intelligence(BI) developer to create and manage the teams BI analytics solutions .The DW Team supports the data modelling and analytics for the Operations teams of CB like Marketing, Sales, Finance, Quality Assurance and Customer Success. The DW team builds KPIS and reporting for these teams. We also support external/client facing reports on product usage and ROI. The data warehouse has about 40 Tb of data spread across AWS and Microsoft technologies. We use provide business intelligence to our customers using cutting edge web based and mobile reporting visualizations. You will bring your background in data and business analysis to support our internal operations teams.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications.
- Design and build Data models using ETLs/custom sql queries/stored procs.
- Troubleshoot and fix issues in our data analytics platforms.
- Build reports on tableau to support our customers.
- Provide analytics and ad hoc reporting to end users to help determine and define new KPIs
- Evaluate and improve the existing BI platform.
- Develop and update technical documentation on existing and new processes and metrics.
- At least 2 years proven experience as a BI developer with hands on experience in four areas of BI and mastery in at least one area; Data Integration, Modeling, Analytics, and Reporting
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Skilled in SQL queries, Tableau and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. SSRS, PowerBI or other relevant reporting tools)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Good written and verbal skills and an effective communicator. Be a team player with strong empathy for our internal and external customers.
- Self-learner with the fire to learn and work in new technologies.
- Strong presentation skills.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in AWS/EMR platform
- Experience in Big Data technologies (Distributed Computing platforms such as Hadoop and Spark, NoSQL databases, Distributed Real-time Systems, Big Query)
- Strong software development concepts and practices with OOPS.
- Ability to travel: No travel expected
- Frequent computer use
Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications