Data Warehouse Developer
Brooksource is searching for a Data Warehouse Developer with one of our Fortune 500 clients in downtown Austin. This experienced enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) will be responsible for leading and performing new development as well as maintaining and enhancing existing applications and work through the entire Project Life Cycle Process on multiple projects.
The Data Warehouse Developer will be the vital link for our client's information technology capacity. The Senior Developer will be supporting and ensuring the successful execution of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks to support key business initiatives.
The role will support the various projects needed for building out the new Data Warehouse on the Teradata cloud environment. The role will be based in Austin, TX.
• Design principles for data warehousing techniques and architecture
• Improve data organization and accuracy
• Play a key role in technological decision making for the business's future data, analysis, and reporting needs
• Support daily operations, including troubleshooting the data warehouse environment and job monitoring
• Guide the business in identifying any new data needs and delivery mechanisms for acquiring and reporting such information as well as addressing the actual needs
• Design and support the business's database and table schemas for new and existent data sources
• Coordinate with the DDS team to leverage enterprise ETL tools in order to facilitate the loading of data into the warehouse
• Coordinate with EDW Ops team in designing, developing and architecting systems for the maintenance of the business's data warehouse, ETL processes, and business intelligence
• Work with business users and project managers to understand inefficiencies in existing business applications and recommend solutions
• Complete all code in a timely and quality manner
• Commitment to on-going education
• Bachelor`s degree in a related area; master`s degree (or equivalent work experience) and Microsoft certifications are a strong plus.
• Serve as a liaison with ops team to transition new deployments into a documented production-support mode.
• Write technical articles and documentation.
• Strong commitment to deadlines and to client service (internal and external)
• Creative and critical thinking ability; excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• 5-7+ years of experience in Teradata database development and architecture
• 5-7+ years of development and data loading, analysis, design, testing and post production support on Teradata or other Enterprise Data Warehouse applications.
• Possess a very good understanding of Teradata RDBMS architecture such as Shared Nothing, Nodes, AMPs, BYNET, Partitioning, Primary Indexes etc.
• Extensively used different features of Teradata such as BTEQ, Fast load, Multi load, Fast export, TPT, Teradata SQL Assistant
• Experience working with Informatica integration services or any similar ETL tools
• Possess a strong understanding of dimensional modeling as well as other data warehousing techniques
• Experience in data warehouse development and architecture with some hands-on physical and logical database designing
• Experience with Teradata, coupled with experience working on projects within a collaborative setting composed of cross-functional, technical, and non-technical personnel
• Demonstrable experience in business analytics, visualization and reporting solutions such as MicroStrategy, Microsoft, and Tableau.
• Experience with Cisco Workload Automation (Tidal) a plus.
• Experience in data modeling in ErWin a plus.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (Redshift, Athena, S3, EC2 instances, CI/CD, Lambda functions) a plus.
• Scripting like KornShell, Perl a plus.
• Ability to read a complex ETL script and explain it to the interview panel.
• Experience with Git based repositories a plus
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.