Interactive Business Systems is teaming up with a Madison, WI client to locate and bring on a Data Warehouse Developer for a long term contract opportunity!
- ETL design, development, testing, maintenance, metadata, and implementation of data warehouse initiatives. Understand user requirements, and implement solutions that ensure requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Develop ETL mapping specifications for loading information into the data warehouse and for ensuring reliability of information loaded.
- Seek continuous improvement in performance & tuning of data warehouse and ensure security of data.
- Monitor technological advancements to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards.
- Conducts highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Works with other IT technical teams and Business users to understand requirements, and recommend & implement solutions. Works with moderate supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- Assist less experienced peers by providing technical guidance.
- Requires advanced skill sets and developing proficiency within discipline.
- Typically requires 5 - 7 years' experience or equivalent education.
• Strong skills in data warehousing process design, development, performance & tuning using the Informatica data warehousing tool suite
• Excellent skills in the architecture of data warehouse and data integration strategies and solutions
• Demonstrated skills in establishing data warehouse best practice standards
• Excellent knowledge and programming in relational data base technologies; e.g. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
• Strong skills working with relational and dimensional data models
• Strong skills working with slowly changing dimensions
• Strong data management and data analysis using SQL
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of meetings with customers and technical staff
• Knowledge and skills in the project development life cycle process (i.e., planning, analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, support)
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in requirements gathering
• Effective interpersonal relations skills, ability to effectively collaborate with others and work as part of a team
• Skills in navigating a large organization in order to accomplish results
• Ability to initiate and follow through on complex projects of both short and long term duration
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently, assume responsibility for job development and training, researching and resolving questions and problems, requesting supervisor input and keeping supervisor informed
• Ability to complete projects of substantial depth and complexity, and work with customers at many levels in the organization
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Chris Douglas at Interactive Business Systems (email@example.com)
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.
IT & Technical