The Data and Analytics Specialist (Tableau) is a core member of the team responsible for establishing and propagating processes for business users to access data using Analytical tools to build and deploy value driven business solutions. The Global Data and Analytics Team is responsible for Enterprise and Self-Service Reporting, Analytics, Planning and Data Management solutions in all business areas and functions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute and evangelize the execution of Data and Analytics Vision and Strategy, in alignment with leadership priorities, business stakeholder requirements, and business unit requirements.
- Educate and train business power users to build reports, dashboards and connect to data while also providing visual best practices and design guidance to achieve data-driven decisions.
- Work with Business and IT stakeholders to understand requirements, data sets, key success criteria, and issues which can be solved using analytics and/or data science techniques and provide accurate estimate. Develop rapid prototyping to facilitate requirements and design discussions.
- Align and keep update with Data and Analytics Strategy, Roadmap, Architecture standard and Governance process. Design and develop dynamic reports and interactive visualizations utilizing various reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Manage data source and content publishing, users and user groups. Monitor, maintain and optimize production systems. Investigate and resolve incidents reported by users. Identify opportunities to automate, consolidate and simplify platform.
- Manage assigned activities within time, cost and technical objectives. May manage small projects with internal or external resources.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years hands-on reporting design and development experience with Data and Analytics tools such as Tableau.
- Strong foundation and a clear understanding and appreciation of Data and Analytics design and development techniques to build solutions across multiple tools and platform.
- Strong skills to design and develop attractive and engaging data visualization and user experience using Tableau.
- Develop complex data models to federate data from multiple data sources. Report and dashboard performance tuning. Design report and dashboard security roles.
- Functional experience in one of more business functions. Define KPI and metrics.
- Understanding of statistics and mathematical techniques to solve real business problems using tools such as R and Python.
- Hands-on experience of Power BI, SAP BusinessObjects Lumira, Design Studio, Crystal Reports, WebI, Predictive Analytics, Data Services and InformationSteward.
- Hands-on experience of SAP BW and HANA data modeling and security role design.
- Project Management skills to develop plan, assign tasks, estimate effort, and follow up and report on progress.
Experience with global enterprise environment or major consulting firm.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Nearest Major Market: Houston