We are looking for a passionate Digital Marketing Analytics and Tagging Engineer to help drive enterprise growth using data and digital marketing in a fast-paced work environment. Data and Analytics are pivotal to measure UPS’s digital channels. You will also participate in architecture conversations of the digital stack that will help build out the right infrastructure for several business units.
You will work with digital designers, marketing sponsors and their management, implementation partners, IT and other internal groups for a wide range of projects related to tagging and analytics for the online channel (web/mobile). Project includes establishing KPIs and designing analytics/tagging plan, developing business requirements for tagging/analytics projects, translating these requirements to the development teams and auditing tags.
You will use project management skills to manage the deliverables and ensure all stakeholder work is complete on time. You will also manage stakeholder communications and negotiations across a wide spectrum of management levels.
You will assist in managing and adhering to the tagging and analytics governance processes. Governance includes reviewing the sponsors with a cross functional team to ensure compliance with UPS IT, legal and security standards. Therefore, proven ability to work in cross-functional teams will be critical to the success of the job.
In our digital marketing organization, it is also important to understand digital marketing concepts including tagging, analytics, paid search, display ads, display view-through, SEO, marketing automation.
Finally, with our ever-growing digital technology stack, we hope you are willing to learn and adapt to new technologies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides thought leadership for data collection and ways to standardize
- Assists in developing UPS’s tagging guidelines and best practices
- Develops and manages tagging guidelines, processes and manages governance processes
- Breaks down complex requirements from sponsors into simple instruction for the on-shore/off-shore team
- Maintains and tracks progress of implementations in JIRA
- Works with stakeholders on design, setup, configuration, and deployment of key metrics/measurements
- Engages with business users of the data to support their requirements through effective communication, data governance and documentation
- Multi-tasks across several projects and work-streams
Knowledge and Skills
- 4-5 years' experience in digital marketing, especially in a tagging/engineering role with Tealium (preferable), Google Tag manager, Ensighten or Adobe DTM/Launch
- Experience with configuration of marketing partner tags
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with a proven ability to work with people of varying skills
- Proven project management skills (not PMP certification)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Business, Marketing, Technical or Quantitative field - Preferred
- Understands digital marketing landscape with an emphasis on tagging best practices - Preferred
- Working knowledge of digital marketing ecosystem and related technologies - Preferred
- Experience with agile development process - Preferred
- Experience with web debugging tools such as Chrome Developer Tools, Charles Proxy, Fiddler, etc. - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law