Responsible for supporting and administering a large number of database servers (MS SQL and MySQL) both in a Production and Development environment. The fundamental goal is to ensure the production environment is operational and performing optimally 24/7.
- Perform SQL upgrades
- Ensure production SQL Servers maintain HA/DR in accordance with the company's RPO and RTO
- Troubleshoot SQL Server outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Respond to and resolve critical alerts during and after business hours (when on-call)
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Implementing Proactive measures to improve performance and reliability
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Capability of effective planning and priority setting.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- On-call troubleshooting experience within a 24/7 production environment
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and up
- Solid knowledge around database concepts, data models, schema design, etc.
- Mid-level T-SQL skills.
- 4+ years with Microsoft SQL Server Monitoring and Alerting Management systems; Idera SQLdm preferred.
- Management or specialized training/certification. Or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with SQL Server AlwaysOn with windows cluster management and SQL Server Replication.
- Experience with SQL Server DB mirroring and log shipping.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years in a large SQL Server environment with SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Experience with non-relational data extracts from ElasticSearch, Mongo DB, Couchbase.
- Experience with Big Data concepts.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology preferred.
- Experience with Tableau or similar data presentation tool.
- Experience around data analysis, data profiling, and data cleansing techniques.
- Data warehouse experience.