Database Administrator III - Germantown, MD
- Administer, develop, test, or demonstrate databases.
- Perform many related database functions across one or more teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management.
- Install database management systems (DBMS) and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance
- Oracle Database Administration; Oracle-Oracle Database Administration and Tech Architecture-System Maintenance; 10+ years of relevant work experience; Bachelor's degree; postgraduate degree may substitute for 6 years of experience; Possess or obtain a L-level clearance by Day-1
- Technical experience required -
o Oracle software installation, configuration/kernel parameter settings, patching, db upgrade, db clone
o Experience with Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g administration, db monitoring/tuning, troubleshoot
o OEM, Data Pump, RMAN, SQL proficiency
o Oracle RAC Administration
o Data Guard
o Ability to work with development teams, production support teams and business users, guide junior team members
- SQL Server Database Administration
- DB2/UDB Database Administration (basic knowledge)
- Good communication, organizational, customer service, inter-personal skills
US Citizenship, required.