Title: Database Engineer
Location: St. Louis, MO (or remote)
Type: Direct Placement
* (U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered)
The Senior Database Engineer will be a member of the Global Database Engineering team, which is responsible for installation and maintenance of databases in production environments for our managed hosting customers. The responsibilities include installation, configuration, design and maintenance of database infrastructure and customer environments as part of a managed hosting solution.
Daily responsibilities include providing Tier 3/4 escalation support for CenturyLink Hosting Operations Engineering customers in their MS-SQL environment. He or she will also be responsible for incident and change management for clients, installation, implementing High availability database environments, troubleshooting of highly critical production environment with 99.99% uptime and meeting service level objectives. This person will work as a sole DBA on a project and work closely with other teams such as application, systems operations, and engineering teams.
- Good hands-on technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019 Database Administration
- High level of experience with MSSQL Clustering and Windows Failover Clustering
- 6+ years of experience in SQL Server database administration/support in SQL Server RDBMS production environments
- Good understanding of Managing Databases on Azure/AWS
- Working experience with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) & SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
- Ability to troubleshoot MSSQL Server performance issues to including server configuration, indexes, queries, as well as being able to identify network and disk related issues.
- Implementing and supporting transparent data encryption (TDE) and secure socket layer (SSL)
- Implementing and supporting log shipping, transactional replication, database mirroring and Always On
- SQL Server Clustering and Windows Failover Clustering
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012, 2016, and 2019
- Proficient in administration and management of hosted Windows computing environments
- Windows Scripting (Batch, VBScript, Power Shell)
- Good understanding of ITIL methodologies for change, incident and problem management
- Strong communication skills and customer-support focused attitude
- Self-starter who can work in mission critical environments without any supervision.
- Microsoft Windows Server administration experience
- Good understanding of Microsoft D 365.
- Understanding of various 3rd party database monitoring and administration tools
- Microsoft SQL Server certification
- Graduate in any discipline/Post-Graduate
- Strong experience in operations
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!