Get your logistics together. Evolve here.
Schaefer Systems International provides storage, materials handling, logistics and waste technology solutions to businesses throughout North America. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art intralogistic storage and picking solutions for all types of industries as well as plastic containers, pallets, and waste and recycling carts. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaefer Systems International is part of the SSI SCHAEFER Group, a global leader in logistics and materials handling founded in 1937 with offices and plants in over 50 different countries. For more information, visit http://www.ssi-schaefer.us.
The Database Administrator designs and implements database and systems solutions for automated material handling software systems and equipment in warehouses and distribution centers. This position requires knowledge about databases (with a focus on Oracle), Operating systems (with a focus on Linux, Unix and AIX), various scripting languages, hardware and network design.
- Designs and implements database solutions based on software and system requirement specifications
- Designs and implements server hardware and operating system solutions based on software and system requirement specifications
- Develops database and system test scenarios and executes tests
- Independently manages all aspects related to database and system within assigned projects
- Creates system specifications for various areas within assigned projects
- Creates database and system documentation
- Proactively monitors databases and systems
- Actively communicates with team members, IT Project Manager and DBA Lead about the work and project status
- Actively escalates issues to IT Project Manager and DBA Lead
- Participates in team meetings on an as needed basis
- Supports system ramp-up and go-live
- Troubleshoots system issues in 1st, 2nd or 3rd level depending on project requirements
- Supports IT CSS engineers, on-site Software Support Engineers and IT Software Developers
- Effectively communicates with customers if required
- Travels internationally for training, project assignments and commissioning
- Works on-call in 1st, 2nd or 3rd level
- Shift work on an as needed basis for system support and/or commissioning