Provides database support by verifying databases associated with network tools and solutions function as required. Responsible for managing the routine operations and maintenance of databases and ensuring their reliable and efficient performance. Focuses on establishing the architecture, design, and security of various databases.
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end /back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
* Five (5) years' experience as DBA with Microsoft SQL Server, basic networking, security applications, DOD STIG.
* Previous DLA experience is preferred.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
* Provide subject matter expert level knowledge to the team and customer as needed.
* Assist program managers with application project planning through implementation.
* Computing environment certification Microsoft SQL Server 2016 certification along with 8570 (Sec+).