ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS include the following.
* Ability to work with development team utilizing Java on Spring platform
* Experience writing and tuning T-SQL queries
* Experience writing and executing store procedures
* Must understand execution plans and how they are used
* Must have a general understanding of ETL and how to us SSIS in SQL
* Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance
* Each week, give developers a list of the top 10 most resource-intensive queries on the server and suggest ways to improve performance on each
* Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
* When users complain about the performance of a particular query, help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
* Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc)
* Writing and improving SQL Server T-SQL queries for at least a year.
* Designing tables and picking datatypes
* Using Profiler traces and other tools to find the most frequently run queries
* Must have experience with MS SQL Server 2016
* Must have experience with SQL server clustering
* Must have experience Windows Server 2008 and 2018
* Understanding of role-based permissions
* Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
* Test backups to ensure we can meet the business' Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
* Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
* Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
* Install and configure new SQL Servers
* When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
* Document the company's database environment
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.