The primary responsibilities for this position are to administer Microsoft, Sybase and MySQL database servers, monitor performance and troubleshoot system issues. Additional duties include database analysis, implementation and design, working with developers to optimize SQL code and performing upgrades of the database infrastructure.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
* 3 years' experience of database administration with Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, ASE or Sybase IQ
* Expert knowledge of the SQL/T-SQL language (ANSI-99 minimum)
* 3 years' experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher, preferred
* 3 years' experience with scripting knowledge, preferred
* 1 year experience administrating MySQL, preferred
* Expert experience with database design, including third and fourth normal forms
* Good knowledge of Active Directory and Kerberos authentication
* Working knowledge of SAN technologies
* Ability to be at work on a regular and predictable basis
* Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks
* Ability to pay close attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
* Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to perform basic network troubleshooting
* Ability to analyze problems and identify alternative solutions
* Clear written and verbal communication skills across multiple projects and teams
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.