Database Administrator Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a DB2 Database Administrator for an opportunity in Charlotte, NC. The Database Administrator will be part of a team whose objective and responsibility will be to support systems and maintain the systems at optimal performance, availability and efficiency. He or she will be responsible for the planning, installation, configuration, maintenance and production monitoring of database instances and associated software tools. The individual will also provide assistance and consultation to other infrastructure staff and work within cross-functional teams.
- Participate in design, development and implementation of complex databases, often using new technologies
- Viewed as the subject matter expert for the team.
- Manage multiple, moderately complex projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations
- Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor
- Work under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants or managers
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems
- Take specs from DBA team
- Work with IBM/BAC DBA teams to test/certify the database platform per bank standards
- Monitoring solution
- Database build and all ALAS (life cycle)
- Perform routine database maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning
- Interact with application teams and troubleshooting database-related issues
- Computer Science degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of -DB2 DBA experience required
- Strategize/Develop a low-touch/automated routine to optimize database certification process
- DBA required - DB2 experience with Netezza
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Exposure to Data Warehousing and DB2
- Good working knowledge of AIX and Linux
- Must be expert with DB2 Enterprise Edition
- DB2 Workload Manager
- DB2 Storage Optimization
- Performance Tuning at all levels (sub-system, Database, SQL)
- Good hands-on experience of database maintenance, database health monitor, tablespace management, etc.
- Excellent Communication Skills
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the eighth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 26 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.