Salary: $22-24 an hour
Shift: 4 day work week Weekend 3rd Shift Saturday- Wednesday 8pm - 8am.
(Days make change but 3rd shift remains, must be open to weekend work)
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Contract: 5 months to Permanent
Excellent Opportunity to work for an award-winning Data Center as a service company! Our client is looking for someone who has at least 1 working year of IT Tech, Desktop Support and some Data center support experience. You need to have basic understanding of Data Center electrical power generation and distribution. You will provide support for installations and respond to Customer and Data Center Infrastructure alarms. You will provide high level Customer Satisfaction along with timely and accurate Support Ticket completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for the 3rd Shift Data Center Tech:
- Register customers into the site security access control system
- Can also sign-in vendors and visitors to provide access to the facility and data hall.
- Provide Escort Services as needed.
- Performs Security and Facility Walkthroughs
- Generate, update, and resolve support tickets with direction from senior staff as needed.
- Properly receive and log items in and out of Shipping and Receiving.
- Support Service Order Installation and Network Circuit Troubleshooting.
- Perform installation, termination, testing and labeling of Cross Connects; including CAT5, COAX and Fiber.
- Perform Installation of Cage, Cabinets, Ladder Rack, and Fiber Tray.
- Operational experience with Security Systems, BMS, monitoring and performance.
- Familiarity with Basic Cable Testing including a Fluke meter.
- Perform Remote Hands services for Customers including; Hardware Installation, Power Strips, Rails, Cable Management and Customer Equipment troubleshooting/reboots.
- Timely Data Center infrastructure equipment alarm acknowledgement and response.
- Report status via ticketing system, shift reports and email.
- Available during unscheduled days or shift times for emergency coverage
- Exhibit quality workmanship for all tasks and maintain Data Center space cleanliness.
- Participate in Infrastructure MOP's and proper execution.
- In the event of Telecommunications or Network failure this position will assist Site Manager with investigation, resolution and closure of all troubles and publish findings in the appropriate format.
- Handles the expedient resolution of all high Severity Customer Service Requests and emergency escalations.
- Maintains accurate records and document all problems including; site computerized facility logs, support tickets, and service orders.
- Must be flexible to work shifts.
- Ability to work independently, adjust priorities and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent written and spoken interpersonal communication skills.
Qualifications for the 3rd shift Data Center Technician:
- Desktop Support Experience
- 1+ years hands on IT Technician or Data Center Tech experience with extensive Cross Connect, Cage, Cabinet, and Ladder Rack Fiber Tray Circuit Installation.
- Basic Understanding of Power, UPS, Generator, HVAC, Fire Detection/ Suppression, Local Security and Monitoring systems.
3rd shift Data Center Technician
- Basic understanding of Data Center electrical power generation and distribution, mechanical support
- Knowledgeable and capable with Security Access Control System and NOC monitoring Applications.