The primary purpose of this job is to perform work which involves conventional engineering practice, but may include a variety of complex features. Ensures Integer's internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded.
Responsible for the development and execution of manufacturing machinery strategies. Interfaces with R&D, product design, and Plant manufacturing engineering to ensure new product introduction or new production machinery is implemented within budget and timeframe. Designs, details, and implements process and equipment solutions which improve safety, quality, delivery and cost. Develops tooling, fixtures, and equipment used in manufacturing that optimize productivity, maintainability, and cost. Collaborates with Design/Development Engineers, Team Leaders, Associates and Suppliers to evaluate and influence designs for manufacturability and cost reduction.
- Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Initiates, directs and manages the design, development, constructing and modification of products and processes from conception to implementation.
- Works with engineers and technicians in translating existing concepts and designs for products, machines, tools, and fixtures into 3D solid models and/or 2D drawings.
- Works closely with other departments to coordinate design engineering activities.
- Reviews, initiates or approves engineering drawings, layouts, changes orders and specifications.
- Supports and maintains drawing database.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or total project of moderate scope.
- Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of moderate scope.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork and documentation for all projects undertaken.
- Performs other functions as required.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum Experience: 3+ years of experience
Knowledge & Skills:
Special Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Strong CAD and SolidWorks skillset.
Specialized Knowledge: Computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Intermediate word-processing and spreadsheet skills. Excellent problem solving skills.
Special Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.