Mount Crawford, VA
Contract: 6+ Months
Candidate must be able to work Overtime when required
Candidate must available to provide support 365x24x7
- Function as primary point of contact and communication with customer from assignment of ticket to successful resolution of issue, including scheduling work and keeping customer aware of work status and solution progress
- Good understanding of OS; Windows XP/ Windows 7/10 issues
- Experience performing installations, moves, software and hardware adds and changes to end users IT equipment
- Experience with end user support using remote support tools
- Ability to update device bios or drivers
- Ability to effectively research issues encountered and effectively resolve
- Ability to interact with resolver groups to diagnose and resolve problems when possible.
- Ability to document process and procedures for self-help and for informational troubleshooting for other resolver groups
- Ability to support end user mobile smart devices i.e.: Apple iPad, Apple iPhones, Tablets
- Works under the guidance of Team Leader and Senior Technicians
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 Office 2007, 2010, Office 365
- Networking TCP/IP, Remote Connectivity VPN
- Basic hardware troubleshooting skills
- Must have the technical ability to provide desk side support for computer and printer hardware, common software applications, Microsoft OS issues.
- Must be a proficient user of personal computer tools for word processing, decision support and communication.
- Must be skilled in problem solving techniques and repair.
- Experience utilizing remote support tools for end user support; diagnostic and repair
Ability to troubleshoot, configure end user mobile devices i.e.: Smart Devices, iPad, iPhone, Tablets
- Knowledge in the following areas - Networking, VPN, Wireless. Customer Service, Ticketing system applications.
- Interpersonal: Excellent customer service, technical, organizational, and communication skills –
- in person and on the phone; effective listening and interviewing skills; service and team orientation.
- Experience: Entry Level - Five years providing end user Desk side computer support.
- Experience or knowledge in two or more of the following areas: Desktop software (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Communication protocols TCP/IP Desktop hardware (PCs, printers, device drivers), Microsoft Office 2007 /2010/ O365
- Entry Level 5 years experience providing Deskside support to end users
- Associates Degree / Technical School graduate or equivalent Military experience considered
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve PC Laptop and Desktop hardware and application issues. Experience with providing end user support utilizing remote management tools
- Ability to support end user mobile smart devices
- Ability to perform installation, move add and changes to end user desktop environment
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve end user network connectivity issues
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently prioritizing daily operational objectives for support