The purpose of this position is to provide day-to-day efficient and effective resolution to client's
customers as a Deskside Technician. They will ensure customer requests for client-related services
(incident resolution and requests) are generated, tracked, escalated and followed through to
Communicate professionally with coworkers and customers. This position requires excellent
communication and problem-solving skills. Individual must be highly process-oriented. The
individual must possess expert-level technical knowledge of a specific field of technical operations
and be able to provide ideas, feedback, and support to other personnel. The ideal candidate will be
highly motivated and self-reliant with a desire to learn. This role is a phone & in-person support
position representing Stefanini delivering quality customer service.
Expectations for Deskside Technicians
The Deskside Technicians on the project will report directly to the Service Delivery
Manager and are responsible for providing support for the client's end-users when the Service Desk
is unable to.
Problem Solving: This role deals with many incidents/requests for help that, though they may be
couched in very different ways by different callers, are often familiar problems. Problem-solving is
a combination of how to elicit the appropriate information from a wide range of callers and
deciding how to address the problem.
Change: Although this role does not design complex change programs, individuals are required to
suggest and support process improvements to realize service excellence, which is critical given the
dynamic nature of responsibilities. Individual must consistently demonstrate flexible thinking and
seeks new solutions for old problems.
All Stefanini Deskside Technicians are expected to have a complete understanding of and adhere to
the below duties.
Understand and record requirements: to satisfy requests for service by identifying the nature of the
request, recording detailed requirements.
* Deliver service excellence: With using various tools, consistently apply solutions to meet
and/or exceed service levels for infrastructure problems and/or requests. Usually by
providing an answer personally but where appropriate by identifying and passing the
request on to the appropriate support provider specialist.
* Escalate major issues (P1/P2): to identify major service issues where these would have a
broader impact and take immediate steps to bring these to the attention of those affected
and those who can resolve them.
* Communicate: With use of knowledge and troubleshooting, communicate about any
potential issues found and suggest with solutions.
* Ownership: End-to-end ownership, providing pro-active status updates of issues and cases
with users, internals, and with vendors.
* Update systems: to maintain databases/knowledgebase or systems with information
following the resolution of incidents and requests.
* Maintain knowledge: to apply oneself to learning new products, features, and trends to be
able to deal highly effectively with providing service excellence.
* Documentation: team member must assist and create documentation and checklists that
standardizes day to day activities. These documents must be reviewed by management and
client for approval and then followed consistently thereafter.
* Team contribution: To assist the peer team members, team leaders, process managers, or
other support provider colleagues by undertaking specific tasks relating to the team
environment or longer-term development or work of the team.
* Follow all Safety requirements and complete client's specific safety training (if
* Executive/VIP Support: provide day-to-day white glove process and technical support for
Senior Executives and their Administrative Assistants. This role requires a very high level
of technical proficiency and requires an individual with strong communication skills. The
team member must quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve issues related to PCs,
laptops, mobile devices, printers, videoconferencing, and potentially local network issues.
* Monitor/Work in Service Now Incident Ticket Queue while meeting SLA. Walk-Up
(creating a ticket for every Walk-Up encountered)
* Off-site support (where applicable, travel to other client's locations) and after-hours
* Shipping and receiving of equipment
* PC equipment moves
* Break Fix Orders (Non-Warranty and Warranty)
* Check out loaner laptops using site-specific processes if applicable
* Off-site support (conference centers)
* Conference Room Support, AV Support / Zoom / Teams Support
* Mobile Device deployment and support
* Parts Closet maintenance & audits
* Maintain inventory control and provide regular inventory count
* Printer break/fix and set up configuration
* Toner maintenance (where applicable)
* Limited Mac support
* Network drops and set up
* Set up VOIP phones
* Follow the Deployment checklist
* Continuous update of deployment documentation and checklist
* Participate in meetings with client's IT Site Coordinators and others as needed
* Communicate and document any process improvement suggestions using the Knowledge
Knowledge of the following tools and technologies:
* Remote Management /endpoint management tools (i.e. TeamViewer, Ivanti,
* Two-factor Authentication (i.e. inWebo, OKTA)
* Windows 7 & 10
* Service Now
* Active Directory - Users & computers administration
* Active Directory- Understand the concepts of Policies, OUs, LDAP, LAPS
* Bitlocker & TPM
* Pulse Secure
* Zoom - User administration, Room setup, User guidance
* Networking (L1/L2 troubleshooting): Patching, Cable testing & toning, Wi-Fi
o Understand the concepts of: VLANs, DHCP, VPN, DNS, PROXY,
Competencies Required in this Role
* Self-Confident Integrity - Acts with integrity. Stands up for convictions and
values and takes difficult decisions.
* Team Commitment - Works co-operatively as a member of a team and is
committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
* Learning from Experience - Actively learns from own failures and successes
and those of others on a continuous basis.
* Objective Analytical Power - Develops accurate, objective assessments of
issues even in complex or difficult situations.
* Practical Creativity - Demonstrates flexibility in thinking. Creates new business
insights, which can be turned into realistic plans.
* Influencing Others - Successfully builds support for ideas without the use of
hierarchical power. Builds effective relationships with colleagues, and
* Entrepreneurial Drive - Is energetic and tenacious in improving business
results. Takes initiative often-involving calculated risks.
The Deskside technician is expected to communicate promptly when additional responsibilities are
requested by the client. Examples are listed below. The Service Delivery Manager will work with the
appropriate client's contacts to determine what preparation is needed to take on these
responsibilities and how current priorities and workload will be affected. The Service Delivery
Manager will communicate that back with the Technicians.