Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar (NYSE:LEN), is a multifamily real estate development and operating company with a diverse portfolio of institutional quality multifamily rental communities across the US. Between our completed developments and pipeline, LMC owns and manages over 100 communities across the US that exceed 33,000 homes and $12 Billion in development costs and consists of high-rise, mid-rise, and garden apartments.
Summary of Position:
The Desktop Services Engineer will be responsible for supporting and managing PC's and Mac's in an enterprise environment while meeting established SLA's and KPI's. Additionally, this position is responsible for supporting the provisioning and deployment of PC's and Mac's utilizing automated deployment and MDM solutions. This position reports directly to the Manager, End User Services. Minimal to no travel is required for this position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage work orders to ensure service desk requests and incidents are resolved timely and accurately.
- Troubleshoots and resolves client hardware and software issues in coordination with other members of the IT Services team.
- Maintains the organization's desktop provisioning/imaging system.
- Maintains the organization's Mobile Device Management (MDM) system.
- Works with a third-party vendor to ensure provision/images are current and ready for distribution to company Associates.
- Creates technical documentation as required.
- Maintains current knowledge of solutions available to perform software distribution, inventory, monitoring, and ongoing maintenance of the organization's client computer environment.
- Serves as escalation support for all desktop client related issues.
- Stays abreast of current and emerging client computing hardware and software trends.
- Ensure maximum productivity and end-user service.
- Manage work order queue to exceed compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Analyze IT requirements for users and proactively offer effective solutions and recommendations.
- Document and provide training for service desk team in performing basic troubleshooting of complex technical issues in a logical manner.
- Effectively communicate with and perform all job duties requested by management.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Set an example of attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful; improve business operations efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field.
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience. Previous Multi-Family or other relevant industry experience at an Enterprise level is preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Adept at performing a variety of tasks.
- Experience supporting a decentralized company structure.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experienced in fast growing, changing environment.
- Experience with Windows 10, Mac OS and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Microsoft's entire Office 365 suite.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure AD, AutoPilot and Intune required.
- Experience with Apple Business Manager and management of Mac OS and iOS devices preferred.
- Experience with JAMF Mobile Device Management (MDM) preferred.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Desktop Service Engineer to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Must be willing to work in an office, travel, and go on site visits.
- Office and personal facilities are provided that are usual and customary for the industry.
- Associates work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.