Interactive Business Systems is teaming up with a Greater-Milwaukee area client to locate and bring on a Desktop/IT Support analyst for a long term opportunity!
- Operates the Help Desk by monitoring ticket queue and inbox and phone, taking action as appropriate to respond to issues and requests.
- Provides first level troubleshooting and resolution for desktop hardware and software related problems. Identifies recurring problems and recommends permanent solutions. Resolves technical problems related to desktop applications.
- Diagnoses, resolves and communicates problems experienced by end-users, escalating those outside of the position’s responsibilities
- Executes periodic administration and health maintenance plans, procedures and operations under direction of senior IT staff
- Has excellent diagnostic, problem resolution and proactive monitoring skills
- Documents progress and resolutions to end-user issues and requests
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation as assigned by senior staff
- Perform clerical duties as assigned by senior staff
- Any other duties assigned by management
- Follows instructions and completes assigned tasks while clearly communicating results
- Works with peers to complete project tasks
- Provides input for defining and prioritizing tasks
- Supports the user community by responding to issues and requests in a timely manner
- To assure end-user satisfaction, communicates issues, requests, and resolutions clearly both written and spoken
- Works with end-users to implement IT skills training to perform skills refresh or announce new or changed capability of deployed system
- Required expert level operation of Windows desktop operating systems, all versions, and including Remote Desktop and VDA environments
- Required AD end-user administration, desired GP operation
- Required proficient operation of Microsoft Office 2007 and higher and other applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer). Desired proficient operation of other Microsoft applications (Project, Visio)
- Required PC, Laptop, tablet, smartphone (iOS and Android) configuration and trouble shooting
- Required basic network configuration including VPN
- Demonstrated superior communications skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills
- Desired Unix/Linux fundamentals
- Desired experience in a manufacturing environment and familiarity with MES and ERP systems
- Desired implementation and operation of VMWare VDI and Windows VDA
- Desired operation of Solidworks, Ansys, DOORS, Pads, Matlab, Subversion, Visual Studio and other engineering or business applications
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Chris Douglas at Interactive Business Systems (email@example.com)
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.
IT & Technical