OBXtek is looking for a Desktop Support (Tier 2) Technician to provide technical support to end users for software and/or hardware issues.
This position will involve the following over-reaching tasks:
- Troubleshoot and resolve training, networking and software issues.
- Provide triage and resolution of escalated issues within the enterprise problem management solution to include desktop email client, instant messaging, mobile devices, files shares, user account issues, admin account management, network directories, print server issues, web application issues, network access, basic network administration, and other communications issues.
- Provide phone and in-person support to users in areas to include standard desktop images and applications, and COTS and GOTS applications.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, passwords, and printer problems.
Many of the duties include:
- Utilize an industry standard ITSM ticketing tool to document and manage tickets.
- Schedule and administer data conversion programs.
- Serve as technical and functional training expert.
- Manage all administrator accounts from creation to deactivation
- Apply operating system updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Install and configure new hardware and software.
- Manage user account information to include password reset.
- Perform data backups and restoration of files.
- Perform monitoring and performance tuning.
- Monitor system load, response time and available storage space.
- Ghost/image servers and desktop computers.
- Maintain system configuration files.
- Provide user/group administration.
- Perform scripting to automate services and refine procedures.