Desktop Support Administrator (Travel Team)
The desktop support administrator will work as part of a team to upgrade workstations at military health facilities worldwide utilizing the Defense Health Agency's (DHA) Desktop as a Service Module (DaaS). which includes standardized and centrally managed desktop configuration and application virtualization capabilities across physical and virtual desktops.
The Desktop Support Administrator carries out moderately complex information systems and/or information technology tasks within more than one discipline, such as application support, basic database administration, software quality assurance/quality control, software engineering, network telecommunications, and infrastructure operations of administration, analysis, engineering and design. Follows escalation protocol for complex issues and collaborates with the second tier to reach resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs operating system and software installations/upgrades on client workstations and servers.
- Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
- Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
- Responds to user requests for system needs and upgrades or handles requests that are more complex.
- Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex problems in an efficient manner with little to no supervision.
- Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
- Administers, runs tests on, and maintains operating system and related software.
- Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
- Effectively create and maintain relevant systems documentation and user guides.
- Apply scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.
- Education: BS degree in Engineering, Physics, Network Security, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Security+ certification
- Three (3) years of experience in Engineering, Systems Analysis, Medical Systems, Information Assurance, Web Development, or Engineering Management to include: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements.
- One (1) year of technical experience in support of information assurance/network protection or virtualization projects.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve more complex system hardware, software or networking related problems.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Active Secret, or higher, clearance
Note: Experience may be concurrent. Advanced degrees substitute for experience as follows: Ph.D. - five (5) years of experience; MS - three (3) years of experience. 10-Years experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, or RedHat certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Servers, Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Experience with Citrix, SAN storage systems, VMware (vCenter).
- Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Encryption and Bitlocker highly desired.
- Experience PowerShell highly desired
Work Location and Travel
- The primary work location is Charleston, SC, Northern Virginia/DC Metro, or Remote.
- Candidates from other locations will be considered if they meet, education, experience, and certification requirements.
- 50-80% travel, including domestic and worldwide