This company is a leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and 'Sensor Intelligence' have allowed this company to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, this company's focus on Sensor Intelligence allows us to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
This position is responsible for the support for end-use network problems, including desktop computing and all network equipment. In addition, this position is responsible for hardware/software installation, configuration, and ongoing maintenance.
* Work with department/workgroups managers in design and implementation of automated processes, which serve to improve departmental operating efficiencies.
* Provide primary support for network equipment including servers, phones, printers, file servers, application servers, routers, switches, and hubs.
* Assist Information Technology Manager and Network Engineers with network security administration tasks including creating network accounts, removing network accounts, changing network rights, and group management.
* Assist Information Technology analysts in the development of processes required to support existing or new applications systems.
* Perform Application installation, configuration and maintenance including database administration, and front end user support.
* Perform daily monitoring checklist to determine network usage, disk space availability, and server error logs.
* Effectively orders Information Technology related equipment.
* Perform support for telephone systems and mobile devises.
* Responsible for performing all backup and restore functions at all locations including remote locations.
* Provide first level support for all Information Technology related problem calls and escalates when necessary.
* Enter and maintain all Helpdesk related activities in the Corporate Helpdesk system.
* Maintain an accurate hardware and software configuration inventory.
* Serve as the distributor of loaner equipment.
* Share On-Call Systems responsibility with other Helpdesk Support team members.
* Maintain working knowledge of all computer related equipment to facilitate troubleshooting and repairs.
* Remain abreast of new computer related technology that will assist the Information Technology department in meeting its objectives.
* Participate in the development and enforcement of Corporate Information Technology standards.
* Manage systems and user supports at remote locations and travel to remote locations as needed.
* Make recommendations to Information Technology Management to improve Information Technology efficiency or reduce cost.
* Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Duration: 3 months +
*Must have remote user support expereince*
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.