Desktop Support Engineer, Boulder Colorado
Dedicated Desktop Support is a premium IT consulting andprofessional service focusing on desktops, laptops, and smart devices. Ourteams work closely with departments across the University of Colorado Bouldercampus to provide highly responsive, in-person technical support; proactive computermanagement through Active Directory and Casper infrastructure; and IT strategicplanning in support of our clients’ business objectives.
Who We Are
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is adynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to servethe campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’sacademic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of thebeautiful CU-Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our 'Thisis OIT' video.
What Your KeyResponsibilities Will Be
- Dedicated Desktop Support Professionals are assigned to support one or more departments on the University of Colorado Boulder campus and get to know their business, their employees, and their unique IT needs and goals.
- This position will have the opportunity and flexibility to tailor the IT infrastructure to their business needs while leveraging the expertise, library of best practices, and powerful computing infrastructure of a large, central IT organization.
- Work on a beautiful and vibrant university campus, participate in a tightly-knit team atmosphere providing mutual support to each other’s departments, and contribute to internal projects and research that shape the future of our IT support methodologies.
What You Should Know
This position is subjectto a formal on-call rotation with definitive response times, where thelikelihood of the on-call employee having to come on-site to respond/manage theissue/incident is low. When not on call, this position is expected to respondin a reasonable (though not definitive) amount of time when called outsideworking hours regarding issues and incidents that arise.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical,dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The Universityof Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County andoffers an inspiring higher education environment.
Be Collaborative. BeDynamic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. A combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years of experience in an IT support or IT functional area.
What You Will Need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build relationships and provide customer service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer technology on own initiative, unaided or as part of a team.
- Technical competency and aptitude: ability to quickly learn new computer technology on own initiative, unaided or as part of a team.
- Customer service skills.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Prior experience in desktop support.
- Experience troubleshooting both Mac and PCs.
- Experience with Active Directory and Casper Suite.