Desktop Support Engineer
- This resource will be traveling to various facilities 3-4 days/week (within their region) and will be working from home the other day(s). They will have a corporate credit card for any overnight travel/expenses and will be reimbursed for mileage.
- Installs, modifies, and makes repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users by performing the following duties.
- Possesses desktop support experience and basic server administration experience. Will interface with end users to perform software and hardware troubleshooting and repair on primarily Windows based systems.
- Will perform printer maintenance, network connectivity troubleshooting, and telephone support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Expected to provide network support, installation, and maintenance of network equipment. Will support network devices, interface with Server and Network engineering teams, and work occasional night and weekend work if needed.
Technical skills: Knowledge of VPN; Active Directory; Microsoft Office; Windows operating systems; LAN/WAN technologies and topologies; Wireless technologies; spam filtering technologies; Anti-virus support; Cisco networking; Citrix; and basic server administration.
If you would like to explore this Desktop Engineer position in San Francisco (partial remote) please apply and someone will get back in touch with you shortly.