Desktop Support SpecialistCompensation:
$50000.00 to $60000.00 yearly
This position is a key member of the IT division and must possess a strong commitment to high-quality customer service and solid work ethic. This role will provide support and customer service to both local and remote users. This will include diagnosing and troubleshooting PC software/hardware technical problems, mobile device set up and troubleshooting, and configuring a variety of hardware and application software. The candidate must be an experienced technologist with a proven track record of hands-on experience.
The right candidate will possess the initiative that not only enables them to thrive as a solid support technician, but also participate and contribute in various projects that come up.
- Answer both phone and e-mail support requests, track the request, provide detailed information on the reported issues and resolutions.
- Participate in staggered after-hours/on-call support rotation.
- Administration of accounts on various software platforms including, but not limited to Exchange, AD, Skype/Teams, Departmental Apps, Internal Apps, etc.
- Wireless smartphone and tablet related tasks, including mobile device management, configuring, and troubleshooting.
- Prepare and manage deployment of PC's, laptops, printers, and phones while maintaining Inventory on all hardware and software received and deployed.
- Perform Avaya phone system management, including deploying phones, adding/changing voice mailboxes, and moving/adding extensions.
- Software Deployment and imaging technology
- Can perform administrative duties on a Windows 2012 R2 Active Directory Domain.
- Escalation point for medium to complex PC operating system, software, and hardware related issues.
- Opportunity for travel to remote offices for miscellaneous IT Service additions, Office moves, upgrades, and migrations.
- Work and learn in a cutting edge technical environment.
- Partner with the Engineering teams on special projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 - 7 years experience supporting PC/Server/Network Devices in a medium to large enterprise.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills of familiar and unfamiliar technologies alike.
- Experience with directly supporting users, from novice to expert, both locally and remotely.
- Intermediate to expert level of hardware support for Dell desktops, laptops and servers.
- Experience with MDM’s including troubleshooting and setting up Blackberry, Android and Apple wireless devices.
- Experience with Active Directory in a Windows networked environment.
- Thorough understanding of ticketing system process. Experience using ZenDesk Service Desk a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (technical and non-technical).
- Willingness to provide after-hours support within an on-call rotation.
- Self-starter with a team player attitude that shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
- Excellent organizational skills and dependability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including interpersonal / customer service skills.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to detail.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed with ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Avaya IP Office support is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems or related field of study preferred.
- MCSE or other certifications are a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Windows 7 and Active Directory.
- Advanced level of expertise with MS Office products.
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP, networking, WiFi, and file sharing.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
$50,000.00 - $60,000.00 /Year
Engineering & Aerospace, IT & Technical, Creative & Design