Desktop Support Specialist
BCforward is seeking a highly motivated PC Support Specialist in Las Vegas, NV.
Job Title: Support Specialist
Location: Las Vegas, NV 89109
Duration: 11+ Months
Shift: 2nd shift
Performs problem determination and resolution and records all trouble situations reported to I.T. Provides basic training to Support Technicians and users. Responsible for providing first level support functions on all platforms including but not limited to: AS/400, PCs, Telephony, Enterprise Networks, NT Server, UNIX and on all applications including but not limited to: LMS, CMS, Events, SDS, Pit Player Tracking, Saflok, Point of Sale, Time and Attendance, and audio and video systems.
This position is part of Las Vegas Regional IT and will involve working at any of the 9 Las Vegas properties and/or 2 corporate locations.
Essential Job Functions:
Respond to telephone help calls and ensure all client/user support calls and service requests are handled or escalated in a timely manner.
Provide first-level support for all systems including software and hardware for all platforms, problem determination/isolation, analyzing problem data, performing data analysis, documenting findings, escalating complex problems to the appropriate I.T. staff or service vendors and communicating final resolution to clients and users.
Responsible for completion and documentation of all assigned day-to-day tasks/activities per the Daily Work Schedule for each system and shift. These functions include first level support for clients/users requests, systems backups, printing, routing, and other duties.
Maintain the latest procedures and documentation for all platforms.
Perform intermediate technical tasks on all platforms.
Use the help desk log to track and close all client/user calls/problems reported to I. T.
Ensure the computer/equipment room is maintained at prescribed temperature levels and in a clean and orderly condition.
Provide one-on-one training for Support Technicians and clients/users.
Monitor and report system performance issues as necessary.
Participate in department driven projects.
Maintain the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records, policies, and customer lists. Shred reports containing sensitive data as determined by management.
Maintain a log of all system downtime and report all extended downtime to the supervisor and/or manager.
Perform all duties in a manner that ensures the I.T. Department will meet or exceed the measurable objectives for service level to clients/users and system availability.
Maintain property technical asset inventory.
* Mandatory Knowledge And Skills
* College training equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training. Background experience in technical computer support environment preferred. Some training in the data processing field beneficial.
* One year minimum in a technical support role.
* Strong personal computing skills recommended.
* Demonstrated intermediate-level technical skills in all platforms.
* Ability to be trained in multiple platforms.
* Basic knowledge of computer operations and users environments.
* Intermediate-level skills related to troubleshooting on multiple platforms, problem determination, restoration techniques, and related hardware and software products.
* Intermediate knowledge of network topologies.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Intermediate analytical and problem solving skills.
* Must have good customer service skills
* Must be well organized and detail oriented and be able to perform many tasks at one time.
* Available to work in a 24 hour, 7 day a week environment.
* Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast paced environment. Decision Making/Problem Solving
* Exercise judgement when analyzing problems to determine if it warrants escalation. Contacts - Internal
* Daily contact with I.T. customers to provide installation and support of all hardware platforms.
* Expected to interact with all grade levels and skill levels of employees in person and over the telephone.
* Will participate on teams within the property for new equipment or procedures.
* Frequent contact with Harrah's guests to provide directions and answers to questions.
* Daily contact with supervisors or more experienced Support Specialists to receive assignments and technical guidance. Contacts - External
* Calls to vendors for support when necessary.
* Will work with Support Specialists from other Harrah's properties or headquarters to solve problems or participate on teams.
* Must have visual acuity.
* Must have constantly available transportation.
* Must have home phone.
* Ability to note audio or visual warnings or error messages from system.
* Ability to smell.
* Able to lift, carry, push, pull, handle, reach or grip 50 pounds, above or below shoulders.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 96845 when responding to this ad.