Desktop Support Technicians -- are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees? Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry's most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have almost 1,000,000 healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 68 million consumers accessing our network products, and 40 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year.
As a Desktop Support Tech, you will be responsible for providing technical support to end-users in configuration, installation of software and deployment of desktops and laptops; troubleshoot repairs and debug complex desktop/laptop hardware, printers and software problems.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Install and configure operating systems and applications, provide quality assurance to ensure correct operation of products.
- Install and troubleshoot problems with various common software applications using established procedures
- Perform hardware component upgrades and replacements
- Troubleshoot Internet browser issues, synchronization issues, remote access via VPN client software, RSA Security Token, wireless (Cellular broadband and WIFI), and Outlook issues
- Troubleshoot problems with networked desktops, laptops, smartphones and printers
- Manage Desktop Support Incident/Task assignments in system of record
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to junior team members.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments, specifically with other technical disciplines within IT such as Network, Telecomm, and Server teams to implement cross-functional solutions.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As a Desktop Support Tech, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong planning, analytical, problem-solving, time-management skills and customer service skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years IT experience
- Knowledge of PC and network troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and installation procedures. Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to understand client/server interactions as it applies to applications
- Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities.
- Ability to work off hours to support business needs, less than once a month
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
As a Desktop Support Tech with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Optional and dependent life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Health Care, Other