GuideIT is a US based technology services company focused on providing value to its’ customers through technology alignment and optimization. We are currently looking for a Desktop Support Analyst to join our Desktop Support team in Plano, TX.
The candidate assuming this role will be responsible for in-depth knowledge and understanding of numerous software packages and operating systems in a healthcare environment. Skilled in providing Customer Service and End-User Desktop Support. Easily identify and resolve technical issues and concerns. Ability and willingness to work a varying shift schedule that may include evenings and weekends with the ability to travel up to 40 miles to customer locations.
Primary duties include:
- Provide second and third level technical support to end users for technology related issues
- Face-to-Face customer engagement
- Experience with Desktop Remote Control tools (i.e. Bomgar, LogmeIn, TeamViewer ,etc.)
- Experience using an Incident Tracking System
- Ensure proper documentation for each interaction and escalate when necessary
- Resolve all issues using standard practices, procedures and company approved troubleshooting tools and workflow processes
- Provide support to investigate data anomalies to determine possible root causes.
- Provide solutions and / or recommendations to end user problems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the content of the system user and training documentation and manage document changes and version control processes.
- As needed, provide support to coach / mentor functional end user training
- Interested in career advancement within the Information Technology career field
- Must be flexible in work hours and strive for performing excellent customer service
- Will be rated and reviewed in customer satisfaction surveys for delivery of service
- Escalate issues to appropriate parties as necessary
- Escalate to vendors and work with vendors to trouble shoot and resolve issues
- Manage small projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Operating Systems experience: 3+ years Desktop Support, 4-6 years help desk support experience in a Microsoft environment that includes Windows XP and Windows 7,8,10
- Microsoft Office Suites: Including Office 2003, Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013, and Office 2016
- Microsoft Applications: SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote Microsoft Outlook, Skype
- Understanding of basic networking concepts TCP/IP, LAN,WAN
- Understanding of basic phone system functionality (VoIP)
- Understanding of multi-function printers including fax functionality and scan paths
- Experience with Dell, HP, or Lenovo hardware (Laptops/Desktops/Printers)
- ITIL training and/or experience
- Experience with a Remote Desktop Connection environment (RDC, RDS, RDP)
- Information Technology Certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft MCSE, HDI, etc.)
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma and/or GED certificate required
- Some college or college degree preferred
More about GuideIT
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, our services and solutions are designed to align technology with business outcomes, maximize value through cost management, and allow rapid, proactive response to change. At GuideIT, we are looking for candidates that have a high level of integrity and thrive in a team environment centered on mutual trust and respect. Our team members are results oriented and highly adaptable. In addition to a dynamic environment, GuideIT offers competitive pay, performance based bonuses, 401K, health, dental and vision insurance coverage, paid holidays and paid time off.
GuideIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of GuideIT to encourage and support equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran status.