Support Expectations: Tier 1 with some Tier 2 experience
* Executive support /availability on and off prem
* Experienced white glove support
* Professional etiquette, extremely polished
* Excellent room presence & communication skills
* Windows OS troubleshooting
* TEAMS and ZOOM experience is needed
* Tier 1-2 type across technology stack, mobile phone (apple), phone video laptop email SaaS apps
* AirWatch or Intune experience, if they don't have it they can train them
* Polycom and Cisco experience with functionality and basic understanding and configuration
* Active Directory experience with on boarding and off boarding password changes etc..
* Basic to medium Networking understanding
* Office 365
* Azure understanding and skillset-resetting passwords
The Desktop Support Tech implements and supports facility and division desktop equipment, and is the key technical resource responding to end user desktop incidents and requests reported to the Service Desk. Problems beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility are communicated in a timely manner to senior-level support personnel. Support to other division and facility IT personnel is provided, as warranted. The Desktop Support Tech adheres to and supports MBCI IT policies and procedures, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of IT desktop equipment and software. Based on proficiency with PC-based equipment and cabling, the Desktop Support Tech can provide expanded on-site support to technical resources, if needed.
* Provides a superior customer support experience for users while troubleshooting issues over the telephone and providing timely follow-up on open customer issues
* Provide white glove treatment to on site EVPs.
* Effectively troubleshoot issues for software on all platforms including desktops, servers, iSeries, and Mainframe
* Enter, assign, and escalate issue tickets entered in our Service Desk software, as needed
* Set-up new computers and provide technical support for desktop and laptop computers
* Monitor and manage entire lifecycle of service resources to optimize IT investments
* Installs and repairs facility equipment and software, including but not limited to terminals, personal computers, printers, cabling, and related software products
* Analyzes and provides hands-on support for moderate to complex inquiries. Determines appropriate technical resource to resolve the problem and coordinates with other technical areas, as needed
* Performs facility-based moves, adds, and changes (MACs), as needed
* Maintains documentation for each incident or request, and escalates complex problems to the next level of support per documented procedures
* Reviews problem tracking databases to identify trends and CI opportunities
* Provides 24x7 on-call support based on division, and responds to issues as warranted
* Recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of desktop equipment and software
* Effectively works with customers, Service Desk and Technical Services personnel
* Participates in meetings, committees and continuing education to improve individual, departmental and organizational performance
* Adheres to and supports IT standards, policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned
Characteristics & Attributes
* Ability to follow documented operational procedures and independently organize, coordinate, and complete job orders
* Ability to install and configure pc components, including Windows operating systems, software applications and printers
* Ability to communicate with staff and other departmental representatives concerning job order needs or assignments
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and follow-up on tasks to complete work as scheduled and to meet deadlines
* Ability to troubleshoot computer and peripheral issues on both inbound and outbound calls
* Ability to investigate and solve hardware and/or software setup problems or errors using established procedures; Possesses strong analytical skills
* Ability to provide onsite and telephone support to customers and perform call triage/escalate calls appropriately Strong knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems and software
* Excellent communication skills; Demonstrates a customer orientation
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others
* Ability to multitask
* High energy, motivating, roll-up the sleeves team player exhibiting the 5 traits of MBCI (Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Confidence, Hard work)
* Ability to conduct research utilizing books, publications, news groups, and the Internet
* Performs work in production type facility other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position.
* Strong knowledge of windows desktop operating systems.
* Strong knowledge in desktop software such as Office, Visio, MS-Project etc.
* General knowledge of Local Area Networks including CISCO routers, switches, hubs, remote dial-up, VPN, PBXs, Voice mails.
* Excellent communication skills; positive customer-centric attitude.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage multiple competing priorities.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.