One of Portland's most innovative companies is currently recruiting for contract desktop support for a 6-8 week project, supporting a Windows 10 rollout.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
General Position Summary:
Work as a team member to ensure the efficient and effective operation of supported end-user technology, like laptops, desktops, and mobile devices, throughout the environment. Troubleshoot and diagnose system problems and recommended solutions. Assist with or coordinate the repair of computer hardware. Perform preventative maintenance functions as required. Participate in creating and implementing company IS standards and work with management and users to ensure IS standards are followed.
The ideal candidate has solid and demonstratable Apple experience and will be primarily responsible for resolving MacOS related issues. At the same time, the candidate would also possess strong Windows experience and the ability to troubleshoot and operate effectively in both environments. Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
- Responds to help desk tickets and efficiently assigns and works with business partners to resolve problems.
- Demonstrates impeccable customer service skills by working in a way that makes the user and peers feel informed and assisted.
- Troubleshoots and resolves Laptop/desktop issues to ensure effective and efficient operation.
- Supports remote users for mail and network access.
- Provides training to Enterprise customers on best practice uses of technology, applications, and practices used..
- Creates or updates documentation for processes on installing, tuning, or troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Communicates effectively with other team members in the IS organization.
- Investigates and makes recommendations for purchase or upgrade hardware throughout the company.
- Assists and/or coordinates new computer setup, removal of hardware, or cube moves as needed. Develop system documentation and user references (i.e. faxing, operating system, and Microsoft Office applications).
- Communicates with external vendors related to software and hardware issues and problem solving.
- Develop/create and distribute periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Participates in company-wide IS projects as they relate to the Desktop and/or Distributed Systems area of responsibilities.
- Participates in an on call rotation.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Support of mobile smartphones
- Support of projectors, printers, and a variety of other peripherals
- Supports Apple hardware as needed
This is the second level in the Desktop Services career path and normally involves intermediate desktop assignments. Complexity arises in the troubleshooting and analysis of system problems/ malfunctions. Incumbent will work from established and well known procedures; however, technology changes require continuous problem determination skills and the ability to learn new processes quickly. This position requires a moderate level of supervision. Work is generally reviewed on a project or assignment basis. Decisions are made within prescribed company policy guidelines and constraints. Errors in judgment and/or performance of work duties may have a negative impact on operating costs, overall financial performance, or the ability of the company to deliver products in a timely fashion.
Contacts are normally made with others inside the company. Internal contacts are normally with others in a variety of departments. Contacts involve information exchange primarily in the form of instructions, problem solving, and troubleshooting. Contacts occasionally concern confidential and/or sensitive material. Contacts occur both over the phone, e-mail and via face-to-face interaction.
Position is not supervisory in nature.
Specific Job Skills:
Basic knowledge of Microsoft windows and/or Apple environment with the ability to efficiently diagnose computer system issues and implement effective solutions. Work often requires reading and writing in technical or complex areas. Mental ability to conduct technical interactions with other departments. Organize and independently prioritize work and logically develop work plans. Troubleshoot, solve problems, and make logical decisions. Work effectively under pressure during peak operating periods. Above average ability to read, write, and speak English.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Three to five years' work experience performing desktop support duties.
Occasional exposure to shop environment may involve noise, dust, dirt and hazards from hand and power tools. Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week. Exposure to a computer CRT. Physical ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time may be required. Physical ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and occasionally lift up to 60 pounds. Ability to operate a computer keyboard. Ability to move freely throughout the department and buildings.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.