Help in rolling out the new phone system and set up new Mitel Phones in the environment. Their schedule needs to be flexible as they most likely will have to work off hours.
The IT Field Service Technician I is IT's primary customer support interface with end-users. The Field Tech provides PC, network, server and telephone support to end-users at home office, regional office and job site locations. This position will work closely with 'client' Company's Service Desk provider and IT management to support a wide-variety of hardware and software platforms, including: desktops, laptops, mobile devices (iPhones, Droids, iPads) servers, printers, peripherals, Windows 7, Windows 10, Active Directory, Bluebeam, MS Office 365, MS Teams, Sharepoint Online and One Drive. Deployed technologies include thin client computing with heavy use of Remote Desktop Services. The Field Service Technician may also be called on to support task/projects outside of their respective local area, for instance temporary support at a branch office or a new job site office setup. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, problem-solving and customer service skills.
* Support the deployment of 'client' Companies' new Mitel MyVoiceBusiness phone system. Provision phones, setup phones on desktops and train and support end-users on the new platform.
* Respond to end-user help tickets, calls and emails, quickly diagnose problems and coach end-users through a wide variety of software and hardware related resolutions.
* Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a genuine desire to help end-users, plus work well with others in a team-oriented environment.
* Collaborate with remote IT team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
* Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
* Perform 'root cause analysis' when the Service Desk escalates problems/tickets - ensure that process or configuration changes are communicated to the responsible parties
* Install network equipment, desktops and phone systems at remote job sites and permanent offices.
* Respond quickly to quarantine and remediate PC and network virus/malware infections.
* Support after hours server updates and maintenance.
* Inventory new equipment and software and perform periodic audits of deployed assets.
* Prepare and publish self-help documentation for common 'how to' problems.
* At least 1 year of relevant work experience required
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
* Tech Savvy - Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
* Passion for Customer Support - A drive to help end users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from helping end users get what they need in a timely manner
* Prioritization Skills - The ability to analyze support requests, and prioritize them based on impact
* Discipline - The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks, without getting distracted by email, chat or other ad hoc communication
* A Teacher - Able to teach end users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy to understand way
* Self-Starter - The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete in times of low tickets
* Proven mastery of Windows operating systems, including Windows 7 and 10
* Strong working knowledge of Active Directory - ability to create/modify/disable accounts. Ability to write login scripts is a significant plus.
* Proven ability to assist network operations to mount, patch and perform guided operations for network switches, firewall and Wireless devices for new office locations.
* Ability to troubleshoot network connection issues - both wired and wireless.
* Ability to set up smart phones and tablet computers (iPads) for corporate access and basic troubleshooting support.
* Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
* Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* Desire to learn new technologies.
* Mitel MyVoiceBusiness phone systems with 6900 series Mitel phones
* MS Office 365 and 2016 including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Microsoft Teams, Outlook/Exchange On-line and Sharepoint On-line
* Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services
* Terminal Services - Thin Client
* Microsoft Active Directory and Windows domain networks
* HP Procurve, Switches, Meraki Firewalls and Meraki WAPs
* Wi-Fi / VPN / Mobile Access
* Datto Autotask for ticket management and TeamViewer for remote support
* Open DNS Web Filtering
* Trend Micro Anti-virus and Proofpoint SPAM filtering
* Thorough understanding of TCPIP and relevance of connectivity.
* Microsoft Certified Professional and A+ certification preferred.
* Certified Network Associate credential is a plus.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's degree and/ or work towards a bachelor's degree in information technology or related field is highly desired. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
* 8 people on the team
* Create user profiles
* PC provisioning
○ Need to do the imaging
* Help rolling out O365
○ Exp with MS teams
* Most Common Ticket
○ Unsure of the common tickets but have 10 PCs coming in and they need to be imaged
* # of tickets
○ He would like 1 ticket an hour
○ 8 tickets a day
○ Not performing to that now
* Using Datto Autotask ticketing system
* 52k-68k is salary range
* expect 4 hours of OT each week
* Perm position needs to be available 7 days 24hrs
* Hours 7-4pm, 8-5pm
* People need to be available on weekends if needed
* Have offices all of western US and Florida
○ Las Vegas
○ Santa maria
May have to travel to the locations once a month