Connection Services has a fantastic opportunity through our technical staffing division in Palo Alto, CA. We are looking for a Desktop System Specialist III.
• Provides technical assistance to computer system administration to users by resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote locations. Including answering questions and diagnosing issues for Executives.
• Maintaining local IT infrastructure, keeping the infrastructure up to date.
• Responsible for the implementation and operational support of all aspects of client services and systems
• Interacts with both technical and non-technical personnel, monitors and enforce SLA's and follow problems to resolution.
• Contributes to development of company IT by participating in projects.
• Manage Service Now incident, request and asset management workflows functions by taking ownership, prioritizing incoming work, and delivering services under Service Level Agreement timelines.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot client services such as workstation equipment, Microsoft and other productivity software products, Avaya desk phones, and mobile device technologies following standard procedures and adhering to IT compliance regulations.
• Support client side interface to Enterprise applications by configuring software or diagnosing issues and collaborating with other IT support organizations for issue resolution.
• Effectively communicate to technical and non-technical personnel supported technologies and process information.
• Maintain password, data, and system security for the Desktop services environment according to IT Security processes and standards.
• Assist maintaining hardware inventory and software licensing information and records for deployment, recovery, and audits.
• Contribute to department projects such as upgrades and deployment of new supported technologies.
• Potentially engage internal or external Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
• Engage in department testing efforts on upcoming new technology deployments and provide documented analysis on any issues.
• Potentially assist with meeting conferencing or printing support services.
• Resolve and respond to questions received via telephone, email or other collaboration methods meeting defined SLA's.
• Attend conference calls and meetings with project team members and carry out assigned project tasks according to project schedule.
• Occasional domestic or international travel required.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation and knowledge base articles.
• Applies all QA Procedures as assigned.